Hey guys! No, I did not forget about posting! Today I decided to post about fitness. I have heard many people complain about doing cardio. All I constantly hear are complaints about having to run. Most believe that running is one of the only ways to burn calories, including the elliptical, stair master and the bicycle. Truth is you don't have to go on a machine to get some cardio in! Here i'll suggest some alternatives to help burn calories without using a machine!
- Take a walk or jog outside! (Unless it's cold...) - I know, I'm being Captain Obvious right now but allow me to say that you do not need to run to burn calories.Go out and enjoy nature when you can. Yes, if you run, you can burn calories faster, but if you have time just take a 40 minute walk or jog. It could take you approximately 14 minutes to burn 200 calories while running. If you walk for approximately 35 minutes, you could still burn the same amount.
- Ride a bike when you can - Take a friend with you and go to your local 7- Eleven and buy a bottle of water or some protein shake haha. Don't buy try a buy sweet or nachos... that whole bike ride will go to waste! If you live by stores, take the bike! You actually get to burn some calories and earn up some gas money that you could spend on other things.. like new workout clothes? *wink wink*
- Jog and drop - It was the middle of winter. I had no idea on how to do some cardio without using the treadmill or some other machine. I went around and tried asking my friends if they had any ideas and one of them did! Here's what my friend told me to do : Jog in place for 10-20 minutes. Every ten seconds or so, drop on to the floor and get back up immediately. It's kind of like a burpee, and if you're not familiar with what a burpee is, it consists of jumping, dropping to a plank, and jumping back up. The only difference that this workout has is that jogging is incorporated into it.
- Jumping Jacks - Everyone has done this at least once in their life! Jumping Jacks do not burn as much but they are still a method of burning calories. Aim to do at least a 100 each day.
- Blogilates Cardio Vids! - I cannot stress how amazing Cassey's videos are! Just go on YouTube and search up "Blogilates Cardio" and voila! She specializes in at-home cardio workouts. It takes some stamina and endurance to do them but that's why we have to keep working hard and improving everyday.